Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Has the whole world gone fucking crazy? What was Liz Phair thinking when she wrote that ridiculous affront to music that she calls her new album? She couldn't settle for just being good and having a handful of loyal and appreciative fans? She instead has apparently decided to suck and go mainstream. Well, well. I would like to make a prediction regarding Liz Phair's career from this moment forth. She will probably become very pop-ular for all of sixty seconds, and in the process will lose all of the dedicated fans who have been supporting her and her music for the last decade. This is going to happen not becuase she is being recognized, which would have made her loyal fans happy in the past when she wrote music deserving of recognition, but because I have listened to the clips from her new album and it is the biggest piece of pre-fab shit I have ever heard in my life. The fact that she used to be a talented, respectable artist and has regressed to writing these canned spam songs for money makes this steaming pile of feces that much harder to listen to. White Chocolate Space Egg was her best album to date, and we fans had hoped to see her blossom even more in her next album. Instead she is trying to pass off this auditory abortion to fans who have been waiting patiently for a follow up. I would not have believed it could be so bad, except that I heard it with my own ears. I have had a headache ever since. Enjoy your five minutes in the MTV spotlight Liz, 'cause that is all you get. After that, your career is most certainly over. Pop fans are fickle, and they will eventually drop you in the gutter where you belong. Join the sellout ranks; take your assigned seat next to Sheryl Crow, who can't sell an album without 12 guest singers and currently makes a living off Jeep and American Express endorsements. YOU FUCKING SUCK.

No comments: